The Future of Genomic Medicine V
Mar 01 to Mar 02, 2012
In 2007, the Scripps Translational Science Institute held the first Future of Genomic Medicine (FoGM) annual conference. Future of Genomic Medicine V will be held March 1 to 2, 2012, at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla. The conference will focus on the extraordinary advances that are occurring in the field, which include whole genome and exome sequencing, pharmacogenomics, and advances in cancer treatment as an outgrowth of genomics. The 2012 conference will include an in depth session on “idiopathic diseases”, an area in which there has been particularly remarkable progress. We will feature sessions on hot topics from non-scientists to speakers who are journalists, regulatory experts, and lawyers. Our overarching goal is to spearhead efforts to change medicine using genomics.
To review the list of speakers and topics at the 2011 conference, please visit FoGM IV, or view a gallery of the previous conference.
Overall course educational objectives:
- Demonstrate the unmet needs of medicine today with respect to more targeted, individualized prevention and treatments.
- Discuss the opportunities of the genome, proteome, metabolome discovery to change medical practice as it exists today.
- Assess how changes and advances in technology are rapidly ushering in a whole array of new pathways for individualized medicine of the future.
- Explore specific strategies in cancer, cardiovascular and pharmacogenomic futuristic interventions.
FOGM V Program
The FOGM V Program Brochure is now available. The Brochure includes details regarding both the faculty and program for FOGM V, as well as registration information. Click here for the Facebook page!
Register early, as space is limited!
- Human geneticists
- Genomic scientists
- Health care professionals of all disciplines who are interested individualized medicine.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment
Samuel H. Scripps Auditorium
8610 Kennel Way
La Jolla, CA 92037
Parking & Transportation:
- A looping shuttle will run between the Estancia Hotel & Spa, La Jolla Shores Hotel, Kellogg Park and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. (Attendees who park at La Jolla Shores Hotel and Kellogg Park could walk (10 minutes) to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.)
- Parking will be available at La Jolla Shores Hotel’s underground parking lot ($5 per day; please go to the front desk for a parking sticker and mention that you’ll be attending the Scripps Genomic Medicine Conference).
- Parking at Kellogg Park will be free. Street parking also possible.
Free wireless internet access will be available at the conference.
Social Media Networking:
- Twitter hash tag: #FOGM12
This online learning module is a series of “refresher” tutorials on topics ranging from the basics of genetics to pharmacogenomics. We hope that registrants who use this module prior to the meeting regard it as a helpful review of these topics.