Future of Genomic Medicine VIII
In 2007, the Scripps Translational Science Institute held the first Future of Genomic Medicine (FoGM) annual conference.
The 8th Future of Genomic Medicine conference will be the next iteration of taking genomic knowledge to transform the daily practice of medicine. To do this, we have patients present their story of how genomics affected their medical status, and have an international faculty of experts in genomics, science and medical journalism, and the life science industry provide critical perspective. This year we will be paying particular attention to the exciting area of genomic editing to treat particular diseases, cancer (a disease of the genome), and the genomics of rare and unknown diseases. Furthermore, we will delve into to the hot topics of the microbiome, genomic-guided drug therapies and genomic analytics. The overarching goal of the conference is to spearhead efforts to use genomic knowledge to change medicine and make it far more precise and individualized.
Future of Genomic Medicine VIII will be held March 5th and 6th, 2015 at the Scripps Institution of Oceanography in La Jolla, CA.
FOGM VIII ProgramRegistration and Brochure coming soon!
The brochure will include details regarding both the faculty and program for FOGM VIII, as well as registration information.
Social Media Networking:
- Twitter hash tag: #FOGM15
for the Facebook page!
Overall course educational objectives:
- Demonstrate the unmet needs of medicine today with respect to more targeted, individualized prevention and treatments.
- Discuss the opportunities of the genome, proteome, metabolome discovery to change medical practice as it exists today.
- Assess how changes and advances in technology are rapidly ushering in a whole array of new pathways for individualized medicine of the future.
- Explore specific strategies in cancer, cardiovascular and pharmacogenomic futuristic interventions.
- Human Geneticists
- Genomic Scientists
- Health care professional of all disciplines interested in the future of medicine, especially with respect to individualized therapies
Location:Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment Samuel H. Scripps Auditorium 8610 Kennel Way La Jolla, CA 92037
Parking & Transportation:
- A looping shuttle will run between the Estancia Hotel & Spa, La Jolla Shores Hotel, Kellogg Park and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. (Attendees who park at La Jolla Shores Hotel and Kellogg Park could walk (10 minutes) to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.)
- Parking will be available at La Jolla Shores Hotel's underground parking lot ($5 per day; please go to the front desk for a parking sticker and mention that you'll be attending the Scripps Genomic Medicine Conference).
- Parking at Kellogg Park will be free.
Free wireless internet access will be available at the conference.
This online learning module
is a series of "refresher" tutorials on topics ranging from the basics of genetics to pharmacogenomics. We hope that registrants who use this module prior to the meeting regard it as a helpful review of these topics.