The Future of Genomic Medicine IV conference
Mar 03 to Mar 04, 2011
The Future of Genomic Medicine IV conference will focus on the extraordinary advances that are occurring in the field, which include whole genome and exome sequencing, new gene expression tests for routine medical practice, and consumer genomics. The 2011 conference will include in-depth sessions on cancer genomics and diabetes, two areas in which there have been particularly remarkable progress. We will feature sessions on “views from the outside” with speakers who are journalists and public figures, not scientists. Our overarching goal is to spearhead efforts to change medicine using genomics.
Overall course educational objectives:
- Demonstrate the unmet needs of medicine today with respect to more targeted, individualized prevention and treatments.
- Discuss the opportunities of the genome, proteome, metabolome discovery to change medical practice as it exists today.
- Assess how changes and advances in technology are rapidly ushering in a whole array of new pathways for individualized medicine of the future.
- Explore specific strategies in cancer, cardiovascular and pharmacogenomic futuristic interventions.
Scripps Institution of Oceanography
Robert Paine Scripps Forum for Science, Society and the Environment
Samuel H. Scripps Auditorium
8610 Kennel Way
La Jolla, CA 92037
Parking & Transportation:
- A looping shuttle on Thursday, March 3, from 6:15 a.m. to 7:45 p.m., and on Friday, March 4, from 6:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m., will run between the Estancia Hotel & Spa, La Jolla Shores Hotel, Kellogg Park and the Scripps Institution of Oceanography. (Attendees who park at La Jolla Shores Hotel and Kellogg Park could walk (10 minutes) to the Scripps Institution of Oceanography.)
- Parking will be available at La Jolla Shores Hotel’s underground parking lot ($5 per day; please go to the front desk for a parking sticker and mention that you’ll be attending the Scripps Genomic Medicine Conference).
- Parking at Kellogg Park will be free. Street parking also possible.
Thursday, March 3:
Friday, March 4:
Free wireless internet access will be available at the conference.
Social Media Networking:
- Scripps Health Facebook 2011 Future of Genomic Medicine IV page
- Twitter hash tag: #FOGM11
This online learning module is a series of “refresher” tutorials on topics ranging from the basics of genetics to pharmacogenomics. The conference Course Director and Planning Committee hope that registrants who use this module prior to the meeting regard it as a helpful review of these topics.
For registration & additional information, please contact:
Scripps Conference Services & CME
Tel: (858) 652-5478
Fax: (858) 652-5565