- This event has passed.
TRANSFORMING MEDICINE: Evidence-Driven mhealth
September 30, 2015 - October 2, 2015
A thoughtful exploration of the clinical evidence necessary to drive the widespread uptake of mobile health solutions will be the focus of the first Scripps Health Digital Medicine conference. Currently there is a paucity of clinical trial data investigating the role of mobile health, although this evidence is critically necessary if it is to achieve its potential to transform care. There is a clear need for a forum to present, discuss and debate clinical trial evidence and how to best obtain it in order to accelerate change. This one-of-its-kind, interactive conference will be led by a faculty composed of leaders in this burgeoning field with a mix of developers, investigators and providers. The principal goal of the conference is to jumpstart efforts to drive the widespread incorporation of evidence-based mobile health solutions for more-personalized, individual-centric care to improve outcomes, advance satisfaction and decrease costs.
- Clinician researchers
- Practicing physicians – across many clinical specialties
- Health care system leaders
- Mobile health developers
- Pharmaceutical researchers
- Military medical leadership
- Health care insurers and other payers
- Health care professionals of all disciplines interested in the current and future benefits of mobile health technology
- Assess the quality of clinical trials of mobile health in terms of providing the evidence necessary to support implementation;
- Discuss the implementation of mobile health technologies into clinical practice based on clinical trial evidence;
- Identify innovative trial methodologies for use in digital medicine;
- Identify pathways toward partnership between entrepreneurial technology developers and innovative healthcare systems or alternative providers to drive healthcare transformation;
- Identify global needs for mobile health and potential technologies to address those needs.
Hear speaker interviews on the Empowered Patient
– Gary Conkright
– Walter De Brouwer, PhD
– Santosh Kumar, PhD
– Adam Pellegrini
– Rosalind Picard, Sc.D
– Anna McCollister-Slipp
– Wendy J. Nilsen, PhD
– Donna Spruijt-Metz, PhD
– Steve Steinhubl, MD
– Brenda Wiederhold, PhD
Save the Date for 2016!
Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7, 2016
Scripps Seaside Forum – La Jolla, California