- This event has passed.
The Future of Genomic Medicine IX
March 3 - March 4
In collaboration with AAAS/Science Translational Medicine we invite you to another exciting two day program on Thursday, March 3 and Friday, March 4, 2016 in beautiful San Diego, California. This year’s program will again be held at Scripps Seaside Forum.
The 9th Future of Genomic Medicine conference will be the next iteration of taking genomic knowledge to transform the daily practice of medicine. To do this, we have patients present their story of how genomics affected their medical status, and have an international faculty of experts in genomics, science and medical journalism, and the life science industry provide critical perspective. This year we will be paying particular attention to the exciting area of genomic editing to treat particular diseases, cancer (a disease of the genome), and the genomics of rare and unknown diseases. Furthermore, we will delve into the hot topics of the microbiome, genomic-guided drug therapies and genomic analytics. The overarching goal of the conference is to spearhead efforts to use genomic knowledge to change medicine and make it far more precise and individualized.
We look forward to your participation and another successful conference.
Eric J. Topol, MD
- Human geneticists
- Health care system leaders
- Genomic scientists
- Health care professionals of all disciplines interested in the future of medicine, especially with respect to individualized therapies
After attending this activity, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate the unmet needs of medicine today with respect to more targeted, individualized prevention and treatments;
- Discuss the opportunities of the genome, proteome, and metabiome discovery to change medical practice as it exists today;
- Assess how changes and advances in technology are rapidly ushering in a whole array of new pathways for individualized medicine of the future;
- Explore specific strategies in cancer, idiopathic and pharmacogenomic futuristic interventions.
Download the Conference App
Join the conversation!
Save the Date!
The Future of Genomic Medicine X
Thursday, March 2 and Friday, March 3, 2017
Scripps Seaside Forum – La Jolla, California
View PDF Save the Date